M. Jared Swenson Productions

This blog chronicles my projects, developments, and all things related to tabletop gaming. I will try to avoid rants and reviews. Mostly games I'm developing, and progresses from my campaigns.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Minis Showcase: Warhammer 40k T'au

Before I started building my Dwarf army for Warhammer Fantasy, back in college I started building a T'au army for Warhammer 40,000. I have a lot of it built and painted, but only played it once. I played them against a Chaos Space Marines army and was steamrolled with little hope of survival. It was my very first game, and the opposing player was more concerned about stomping me than teaching me how to play. That was my first and last game of 40k. But I hold no ill will, these were fun to build. Since it was my first army, a lot of the painting is pretty shameful, and several of the pieces are broken over years of storage, but here are a few of my better turn-outs. I may have to dig through and find more to show.

I already showcased some of this army, in the form of the Lizardmen Kroot.


It is no lie that Games Workshop is expensive. And about this time I had already started to feel the effects of it on my student wallet. So I saw somewhere on the internet how a guy made his own stealth-suits, and tried to emulate it. A box of Fire Warriors converted to Stealth Suits was cheaper than buying an equal amount of Stealth Suits.
I really love the look of the crisis suits, but I wasn't opposed to spicing them up a bit. The cables on the sides are piano wire. In college there was no shortage of that lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment