M. Jared Swenson Productions

This blog chronicles my projects, developments, and all things related to tabletop gaming. I will try to avoid rants and reviews. Mostly games I'm developing, and progresses from my campaigns.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Minis Showcase: The Lizard Kroot

I have a dodgy history with Warhammer 40,000. I tried getting into the game a while back, but couldn't get past the overcomplicated rules systems and the 30 minute long player turns. Maybe I didn't have good teachers or was among the right crowd, but I never got into playing the game.

However I did really like painting and especially customizing miniatures. I found I enjoyed it more than playing the game. So that is about as far as I got with it.

I haven't painted much recently, so these Kroot are maybe 6 years old, but I am pretty proud of their conversion nonetheless.
I liked the Kroot and their story. They are a mutagenic race that evolve based on what they eat. In this case I got to thinking about that and wanted to go for some sort of more extreme evolution. I picked up a box of Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen and a Kroot troop and pretty much smashed them together. You get a force of green scaly Kroot built for speed that ate a bunch of Lizardmen.

The extra fin on top of their heads, the long slender bodies, and long reptilian tales should show the Lizardmen half. The heads, quills, arms and legs remain the same. As a whole they definitely stand out from the standard GW model squad, and that's what I love about them.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty neat, and easy to implement, conversion idea. They came out pretty good, they look cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. One thing when i do minis i generally want to mod them in some way. These guys took a lot of greenstuff to get the parts to fit together, and up close you see a lot of my rookie greenstuff mistakes.

      Delete