M. Jared Swenson Productions

This blog chronicles my projects, developments, and all things related to tabletop gaming. I will try to avoid rants and reviews. Mostly games I'm developing, and progresses from my campaigns.

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Makerbot Fund

Unless you have been living under a rock, there has been a lot of hubbub lately over 3D printing. Especially the affordable home 3D printers like the Makerbot.

I have high hopes for this technology. I know it is not nearly the level it needs to be in order to start printing your very own high quality plastic minis, but it is the perfect level for stuff like this:

While the pictures shown are not 3D prints, they CAN be, is the point I'm trying to get across. So about a year ago, I started the Makerbot fund. A fund where I pile all christmas, birthday, fathers day, etc money in one spot.

As of posting this, I am $300... of the $1750 I need. I got a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment